Friday, April 16, 2010

Its official...

I have lost it. Gone crazy. Absolutely nuts. What am I thinking? I am going back to school. I have officially enrolled in college (again). I am going back to get my Masters in Nursing. Specifically, women's health. Its something I have been thinking about for a while. But getting little man ready for K really made me realize it won't be that long before sis is in the same place. I wouldn't trade being home with them for anything, but sometimes I miss nursing. I want to go back to work when they are all in school but going back to the hospital means weekends, holidays and 12 hour shifts. With a MSN I will have lots more options and more flexibility for my kids. I can do it in 2 years but it will probably be more like 3 so no one gets neglected, at least not too bad!

7 comments:

  1. Exciting! You will do great, and it sounds like you have your priorities in good order! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! So, what are thinking about doing? Do you want to be an APN or are you thinking about teaching?? Just curious...have had the same thoughts occassionally:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way I could teach! CNM actually. I really miss L & D but just don't want to be stuck @ the hospital :) LONG road ahead, we will see!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! That's so cool! There's so much you can do with it! I see nurses everyday considering it and several APN's that I have are thrilled with their decision!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should talk to Teresa Starr or Traci Elliff. They are the only 2 CNM's in Ft. Smith that I know of. It's REALLY hard to do any L & D in Ft. Smith as a CNM. Teresa pretty much got run off, and so did Anita Rissler. Tracy and Teresa are both working in clinics doing GYN and some prenatal care. That was my DREAM for a long time, but I decided that if I couldn't practice in Ft. Smith it wasn't worth it for me...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I contacted Theresa, hoping to meet with her next week. I spoke to Dr. D.P. a bit too. This first semester can really go either way as far as CNM or WH. But I know what you mean. I'm sure FS won't be a good place in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I SO hope I didn't discourage you!! I think it is AWESOME that you want to go back to school. Just wanted to let you know what my thoughts had been in the past. As much as I love most of the OB docs around here, they tend to not be very supportive when it comes right down to it:(

    ReplyDelete