Saturday, April 10, 2010

homemade waffles & monster trucks

Sister is up playing and feeling better. No fever since Friday night.

But is still a little cranky when bubba pesters her.

He's trying to convince me he didn't make her scream.

When we got up this morning I made homemade waffles. They wanted the frozen eggos and said I was mean because I made them eat the ones I made. How awful to have such a mean mom.
After I "tortured" them we went for a 2 mile walk. We went last night too. Maybe, just maybe it will become a habit now that the weather is nice.


He said, "here this is just for you mommy". LOVE it :)

making a wish. (probably to make his brother disappear) he kept asking when it would come true!

After our walk we came in to let sis take a nap and clean up before heading to the movies to see How to train a Dragon. It was ok, but you won't miss anything by waiting for it to come out on DVD. While I was in the shower washing my hair I saw a bright flash and heard a little giggle. Little man was standing there with my camera!! Thank goodness he doesn't know how to get online and download pics just yet :) I couldn't get out and dried off fast enough. Not sure what it is about that shower that causes so many issues...don't think I'll ever forget EW and the "elbows"
This "monster truck" (per Mr. NW) was the cause of my grief last week. I had been wanting something different than a suburban because I had driven one for the last 10 years. My brother in law is a Chevy dealer in LR so we just kept going back. I really didn't know what I wanted so I talked to a few friends and drove a few different vehicles and ended up with a Toyota Sequoia. We went up the mountain last weekend and although they were willing to give us what we wanted for the trade they would not deal on the sticker at all. Guess you can't get both! I came home and did a little more research and found one in TX. We were going to go this weekend to look at it but Monday night my BIL called and said he knew a dealer that had one. I took off Tuesday morning with the two little ones just to check it out. It wasn't the one I was looking for so I went to eat lunch with my MIL. About 10 minutes before I needed to be leaving he called me back and said Landers had one that I needed to see before I headed home. Hubby was in Denver, and I HATE buying cars. So we were on the phone talking and I kept sending pics. The poor little salesman thought I was crazy. Needless to say I drove it home. It isn't "brand new". It is a 2010 but it was the owners demo so it has 12,000 miles but I was willing to trade that for a better deal. Not to mention my BIL bought my suburban from me so I got a little more there than I would have from someone else. Not sure why I felt compelled to explain it all, maybe because its still bothering me?!






No comments:

Post a Comment