Friday, July 30, 2010

Plan B

OK, so I didn't end up in LR yesterday. I stopped on my way out of town to look at a suburban & they were able to work out the same deal here that I was going to get there with an added bonus, another vehicle! Only problem was they actually had 2 suburbans I wanted to look at and one was off the lot so as soon as it gets back today I am supposed to go back. Feeling much more relieved. I have struggled with this whole car thing since April when I got the Toyota. I really like the car I just cannot get past the guilt from spending the money. Hubby says he doesn't care what I do. Keep it. Sell it. Just DO SOMETHING & quit worrying. But I am a worrywort by nature. Last night the kids devotional was titled "Don't worry, be happy". Perfect. Its just a car. Its just a car. Its just a car. I have cried many tears over this but the tug at my heart isn't going away. And when I left the dealership yesterday with a decision made to get rid of it I felt so much better. I am sure people will talk. Its a small town. I've heard things said about others and pray I am not one who contributed to it. We are selling our house & my car. Oh my what it must look like. I don't like to be a topic of conversation (good or bad) but its ok. Like a sweet friend said, "the people who know you will know why and you know why" and shes right. and thats what matters. So, not to sound conceited as if to be interesting enough to be talked about, but FYI just in case...I chose to sell my car. We are selling our house because we want to. We are fine.

2 comments:

  1. We've been the topic of conversation for years! The latest rumor on us just made me laugh. A while ago, it would have made me cry. It is hard, but, we do just have to let it roll off. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be proud of your decision, but most proud that you did it out of obedience to God. It is easy for me to say not to worry about what people think or say. But I know as I mature as a Christian I am beginning to care less what people think. I will be praying for your decisions about the house.

    ReplyDelete