Wednesday, February 10, 2010

We didn't agree

...the insurance company and I. Their regulations said that the traveler or a dependent child must be under the care of a physician ( & of course it had to be documented by said physician) & if it was a dependent child, the illness must be serious enough to require the parents presence. In other words, a hospitalization, stomach bug, or fever the previous week, did not meet their requirements to get a refund. I was OK with this, however, hubby was not! So, we left kiddos with Nanaw and drove up the mountain in the snow and boarded a plane at 6 am Thurs. By noon we were looking out our window and this was the view...

Originally we were supposed to be in a standard room ,but the hotel had over booked so we were upgraded to a junior suite with an ocean view. Rough start to the vacation :)
For the last several years we have gone somewhere in Mexico with our friends B & T. She has 2 little boys at home with grandma too. This year it was Cozumel.

We stayed at Cozumel Palace. We have stayed at a Palace Resort the last several years. They are all inclusive and really neat.
T & I at Senor Frogs.
B is a lot like me, just sits back and watches. Does not want to draw attention. T is a lot like my hubby, loves to dance and the more attention the better. Needless to say most of our fun pics are of the two of them...usually on a table :)


In fact, one night a lady came up to me and said, "OK, we have a bet. Who is married to who?" It was so funny. Several people were staring and we probably don't really want to know what they were thinking. Those two would dance, and on the rare occasion they sat down, it was with someone else!

Dinner at the oriental restaurant. The food was really good everywhere we ate, (there were 5 different restaurants) but one night it was outside at a grill. The lighting wasn't great but not a problem. I had some seafood cocktail and it was pretty good. Well, the next day I had it again and the lighting was much better. And I found octopus in it. A real tentacle with all the little suction cups...yuck!

Coke in a real glass bottle at Hard Rock Cafe. Lunch overlooking the water.


Shopping in downtown. The guys favorite part!! Ha!

Yes. I actually got in the water! It was beautiful. Blue/green and crystal clear. You could see forever. My panic attack didn't start for about 5, maybe 10 minutes so I saw a few fish before having to race back to shore :) For those of you who don't know, I am TERRIFIED of the water. Hubby won't let me close to him b/c when we snorkeled in Hawaii I almost drowned him. So, when they all took off, that was it, I was done. I think they take me just so they can laugh. Glad I can be of assistance.

I just took pics above the water :)

Relaxing by the pool

Our last night. Notice the lobster red legs?! I was freezing to death thanks to a good old sunburn.

The trip was great, but since history usually repeats itself, the journey home had a few bumps. We didn't get through customs in time so we missed our connecting flight. We sprinted through the airport and actually stood on the loading ramp and watched it take off. This was at 3:45pm. Luckily we were put on the next flight out. It was supposed to leave at 7:45pm
Then it got bumped to 8, 9, & 10:15. Finally, @ 11pm we took off.

In the meantime...we had bought this "wrestling mask" for one of the boys in Mexico. (They were all over the place and they love to wrestle) anyway, the guys were about done by the time we got out of the airport, so to entertain himself hubby got it out of the bag and put it on. People thought he was NUTS and the poor kids, he scared one little boy to death! We were laughing so hard we had tears!! They are already talking about next year, oh my...















2 comments:

  1. Water looks beautiful and so do YOU!!! I am sorry I havent called since you have been home. I have spied when I drove by your moms and when I seen the truck back in the driveway I knew you were back! Looks like you had fun. The water looks amazing. . . Remind yourself never to go on vacation with us. . . you will be so bored. I dont have a fun bone in my body. At least you were sitting at the table with her husband. . . I would've been under it!!
    Love,
    your stick in the mud friend

    So glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete