Thursday, February 25, 2010

Can you say ROTTEN

So, little man is better. Kept him home today just because. Bless his heart, he was sick for 12 hours, almost exactly. It would hit every 30 minutes just like clock work. Heard two more in his class were out with it, so it is going around and we don't want it back. Little miss is back to her old habits. Refusing to sleep and thinking she has to be held ALL the time. If you put her down its like the sharpie commercial from several years ago, her legs come up and she screams. She has learned "no-no" and it comes out very plain. Yesterday I had two picture perfect moments, that I of course missed because I was afraid she would get hurt. First she climbed in the cabinet under my bathroom sink, all the way in, and emptied everything out. But she almost fell out so...then I was unloading the dishwasher and she perched her little bottom on the door as it was down. When she tried to hold on to the racks to stand up she lost her balance. Testing my reflexes I think. She was a handful last night, I also got to call poison control. She ate Destin. Just fyi...it takes about 3-4 handfuls to make them sick. She only coated her tounge. Gross. This time last year I remember thinking I would still have one more. Then I remember HG telling me to just wait until she got mobile & I would rethink that idea. She was SOOOO right. What was I thinking?! I guess I just don't remember the boys at this stage. Or maybe its because I am older, or because I have 2 more to chase now. I don't know, but oh my goodness...& it has just begun. None the less, I love them all more than they will ever know. I just have to stop and remind myself every now and then that this stage will soon be gone and I will never get to do it again. So for me, I have to slow down & treat each fight as a moment to teach, each sleepless night as one more piece of uninterrupted cuddle time, and take every minute I can to show them how much I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment