Wednesday, June 29, 2011

catch up

I've been keeping a mental note of all the things I need to post. I think I should start keeping sticky note because I'm sure a lot of it will be left out!

Hubby and I went to the Colt Ford concert last week. We were the bad parents, both boys had baseball games & we let Nanaw do it "all"! (thanks to TC for instructions on how to "steal" pics!)

This is my dad and his dad watching one of the boys play baseball. The biopsy results came back. And they are not good. He has squamous cell carcinoma in his lungs. The doctor described it as a "monster". Over 2 inches. They are still waiting on the call from the oncologist to see what the next step is. My grandpa says I will know what to do and help him decide. I can't talk to either of them without crying. There is a difference in taking care of a patient and taking care of a family member. I only worked on the cancer floor for a short period of time. I know VERY LITTLE about it. But what I do know and what I have read, its not good. A sad reminder to cherish every moment and not take anything for granted. He gave Speck his 1977 Chevy pick up truck and hubby has been working on it. The only thing that is left is reupolstering the seats and paint. But it is up and running. We are taking it out there tonight so he can see it and take another ride. It had been sitting in his garage, not running for a while. It will be happy and sad at the same time.


Sis is doing great with potty training. I think she would actually be completely through if I had worked at it a little harder. For some reason I just haven't been in any hurry with her. She is learning all kinds of new phrases. Some not so neat. But no surprise with her 2 big brothers! This morning she was getting on to little man and informed him she was the princess and he couldn't do whatever it was he was doing.


The kids all had dentist appointments last week. It was the first time ever that we had no cavities! And sis did GREAT!


With Speck's ear (the hole is getting bigger instead of smaller) we can't go swimming or to the water park like we had planned. He packs it at the lake and can "float" but isn't getting to have much fun. We can't get in to ACH until July 28. Guess we'll have to stick to the movies and indoor playgrounds for summer fun. We are going to make a few short day trips to do some different stuff.


Baseball is officially over. Just the tournament left. And little man's team isn't playing. A little sad I don't have a t baller any more. At least not til sis can play!


This is the first day we have been home in a while. I have a list of things to be doing and I really do need to leave & go to Walmart. Guess I better get busy.



No comments:

Post a Comment