Wednesday, May 18, 2011

They make my heart smile

my kiddos. To say I love them doesn't even begin to describe it. They are rotten, onery, wild, occasionally disobedient, and try my patience fairly often. But in the same breath they make me so proud and put a smile on my face everyday. Speck surprised me yesterday. He's a lot more grown up than I give him credit for. Little man isn't so little any more. And Sis, oh my. I am counting the days til summer. I have plans. They will be ready to get rid of me by the time school comes back around :)

We had an exciting day yesterday. Sis made her 4th trip to the dr. in 10 days. Ear infection is now "full blown" (as if there is any other kind?) Started her 4th different antibiotic. And added an ear drop. While we were there the school called and Little man lost a cap. A quick phone call to a friend who grabbed him from school and met me in the parking lot on the highway so I could make a turn around trip back to town! Got him all glued together and back home to let sis nap before baseball. One more friend to the rescue so Speck didn't have to ride the bus. Thank you all for saving my kids! They really appreciated it. That was our second trip to the dentist in the last few days. Speck split one of his last week eating a waffle. ( I may have said that in another post...if so, just ignore me)

They both played a great baseball game last night. Don't really like it when they are at the same time but I guess thats part of having 2 of them. Speck has been in a bit of a slump. But we had a talk on the way and I had a few words of "motherly" wisdom & gave some unsolicited advice. He said, mom that won't work. But then he got a hit. Hmmm, maybe I do know something. Dad was trying to pry and figure out our conversation. But we decided it didn't concern him. I was just so happy for him. He was smiling from ear to ear.

Praying for friends who are facing a rough time. A mother who loves her son so much it hurts. A family facing change.

No comments:

Post a Comment