Wednesday, November 17, 2010

what to do

Well this week is on the downhill slide! Thank goodness, one of the longest ever!!! And of course hubby is missing out on all the fun he is in LA. I counted his days too, out of 13 he is gone 10 but only 2 are work related. He climbed to the top of my list rather quickly when I figured that out. Part of the reason this week has been more difficult is Sisters lack of sleep which means my lack of sleep (up from 2-5 am every day so far) and we have adopted a new dog. At least for now. Little man was on and on and on about getting his own. So I told him he had to ask his dad, because I KNEW he would say no. Guess what? He said yes! So we discussed it and visited several humane societies and shelters and scoped out the local pet stores/ads for "rescue" dogs. We didn't really have a specific breed in mind but I knew I wanted something that didn't have to be groomed, small enough to be inside but sturdy enough to withstand 3 kids, and preferably house trained. We came across a family that had bought an english bulldog from a breeder in June. Their situation had since changed and they were unable to care for him & they really needed to get rid of him. We went to meet him on Sat but didn't take him right away. We wanted to wait and talk about it some more just to make sure. So I called the man back on Sun & he was thrilled for us to take him. He is 8 months old and PRECIOUS. I'm not really sure what his name is. The boys picked Max but Sis calls him Buddah. He doesn't respond to anything so who knows! He is fairly well house trained, as long as you are watching him he does great. But Sis screams when he gets too close and Zoey (our female bulldog) is not nice to him at all. In fact we went to the vet yesterday because she head butted him off the stairs and he hurt his leg! They are not big dogs but big enough that two of them in the house fighting is a lot under your feet, especially when you have a 2 year old attached at the hip! And he is a puppy so he does chew on things :) Anyway, a co worker of a friend is interested. She has 2 little boys and has been looking for a dog for them. She is supposed to be coming over to look at him tonight. I am torn. He is so sweet and so cute. I hate to get rid of him because it could get better... hubby should have said no in the first place!

No comments:

Post a Comment