I have spent this week whining and complaining and being a big baby. And I knew all along it was coming. And I chose to do it. I didn't look at it as an opportunity. A choice. A freedom. An example to set for my kids. I forgot that not everyone is able to choose to do what they want and have the chance to do it. (& I don't just mean work or even the fun things) I have wonderful friends. I have a great family and support system. I know people who don't have any of those things. We are healthy and happy. I am blessed. Sometimes I forget that.
I know just what you mean! I made the choice to sub at school this year on top of my MDO job. After working 5 days a week for 3 weeks I was loosing my mind. I kept reminding myself that millions of people do this all the time! Then I finally said no one morning to subbing, and wow I was so thankful to be a stay at home mom!I am thankful too for the opportunity to work outside of the home doing something that is flexable, and that I can say no if I need to. I also love being at the school. THankfulness is a choice, and life sure is better with a heart of gratitude!
ReplyDelete