Sunday, October 31, 2010

10-31-10

Not exactly what you would look at and see a devotional, huh?

We found this a few weeks ago, its about very different and strange animals and God's plan for them. He loves it and reads it several times a day. We have used it a LOT while making the adjustment to his new school. The last week or so I have seen him showing it to friends and telling others about it. But not just the animals, the way God made them and how he uses them. He was (is) so excited to share.
And this morning as I was getting ready for church he came in and said, "Mom, I'm ready" with a big grin on his face. It was funny, I knew he didn't just mean ready for church. He decided about 6 months ago to accept Jesus but was too afraid to stand up in front of the entire congregation. So we took sis to the nursery, and left her screaming, chased Little Man to Kids Church (as he left me behind) and Speck went with me. When Bro. R lead the invitation I asked if he was ready. At first he said no and grabbed my hand. Then he buried his face in my side and I saw tears running down his face. So we walked to the altar. Bro. R asked him if he prayed the prayer to accept Jesus and he said yes. I had been teary all morning but at that point they were dripping :) On the way home he said "Mom, I'm so glad I made that decision. I am proud of myself. I was crying because I was scared, but as soon as I said it I had a warm feeling inside". My big guy has one proud mommy today.

5 comments:

  1. So happy for him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited to see you all standing up there!! He is such a sweet boy! Congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Proud moment for you!!! Times like that make all the hard mothering times totally worth it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, how exciting! Congrats to him!

    ReplyDelete