


A quick recap of the week so far...Speck had a visit with the orthodontist Monday and was just scheduled to replace a spacer that fell out. However, when we got there the sweet assistant says, "we have a surprise. Your expander arrived early so we are going to put it in today and save you a trip". Very thoughtful, but I had the two little ones in tow and was not planning on sitting in the waiting room for 45 min...anyway, I had nothing to fix him for lunch that he would be able to get down with a mouth full of metal (literally). Poor thing got cold soup in his lunchbox. So, after an eye appt yesterday we ran to Target to purchase a new lunchbox that would hold a thermos so he wouldn't have to eat cold soup again! Needless to say got home late, ate late, got baths late, and in bed late. About 9:30 The Writer comes in our room. "Mommy, I need you, my foot is itching". I scoop him up and sit him on our bed as he is kicking his leg frantically. "Hurry, hurry, there is a termite in there and he is biting me!" You see, he has a cast on his left leg because of a rare, but completely treatable disease that limits blood flow to the bones in his foot. A five year old with a cast that is not due to an injury, therefore no pain, is a very dangerous thing. Top Knot and I had a fun tea party this morning. She celebrated her first birthday last week and got a talking tea set that she loves! I think she is going to be a "girly girl". She is all about loving on her babies and feeding them, and her self of course. The girl likes her food. I am still working on this layout. Trying to figure out backgrounds, texts and pictures. Will probably be asking for help soon! However, she is napping so I am going to join her. She is teething and we are not sleeping at night.

He does have a cast for sure! Sweet Em! And Speck looks cute with braces! Enjoy your nap!
ReplyDeleteGlad you have joined the blog world! I hope you have fun writing and following other blogs!!
ReplyDelete