
Both boys are back at school and feeling fine. But my baby girl still has fever. 101. This is day 5 and I am beginning to get a little panicky. Being a mom and a nurse don't go well together. Especially a mom whose mind works overtime on a good day ;) I get to stay home every day, but this week has been different. They have NEEDED me. Not that they don't need me everyday, but I mean just sitting & holding them, loving on them, doing what they wanted, just spending time with them. Forget taking a shower, brushing my teeth, or even changing clothes (hubby asked last night if I had been wearing "that" all day & yes I had!) A little girl in my son's preschool class recently lost her mother. She is four, and I was just thinking...what is my first real memory? How old was I? What will my kids remember about being little? That the dishes were done? The laundry was put away? The house was clean? probably not. Talking. Playing together. Patience in teaching them. Just being there. hopefully. I am so guilty of "hurry up, lets go, do this, do that, in a minute". I know part of that is a necessity with 3 kids but I can to do better. We are not promised tomorrow and can't get yesterday back. Where has time gone? They are already 8, 5 & 1! I love them so very much it hurts. I think about so many stories I have read from moms who have lost a child or have a very sick child and what they would give to be at home with just strep throat or up all night rocking a baby. Sometimes I think I take my kids, our life, for granted. We are so very, very blessed. And for this I am grateful. So if you call and I don't answer, text and I don't reply, come by and my house is messy, I am not sorry, I have been spending time with my kids.
Let it pile up! Enjoy those babies! Babies that I hope GET WELL SOON. . .
ReplyDeleteI hope your baby gets well soon! I needed to hear your words this morning! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete