Wednesday, July 20, 2011

where we stand

I went to the dr with my grandpa yesterday. I didn't handle it like I thought I would. I knew. I thought I knew, what he would say. Unfortunatley I was right. And it was much worse hearing it come out of his mouth than what I expected. I surprised myself. Papa handled it very well. It is "very advanced lung disease". It has spread to the right side and to the lymph nodes surrounding both lungs. Surgery is not an option. Chemo is not an option. Radiation is a possibility, however because of his medical history, not a good one. He goes back to the oncologist next Wed. As of right now they have not given him a time frame. But the dr said it could be quick. His advice was to enjoy everyday. Today they are planning everything to the last detail. They could be wrong. They don't really know. It may still be years. I just hate it that this is going to consume them from now on.


I got a strange phone call this morning from work. I am officially being moved to L & D on their flex list. I knew the position was posted but didn't ask because really you are supposed to be in a position for 1 year before you can transfer, and I had asked before and they said no. Anyway, I was excited.



I handed off the PTO checkbook yesterday. I was excited about that too ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment