Monday, June 21, 2010

catch up...& its all out of order!

We went to my grandparents last night to visit and ended up taking them out to dinner. Papa isn't doing too great so it was a special treat to get out of the house. Hubby is getting lots of practice being a "grease monkey". Friday they were helping me...she sat in my car with 2 sleepy kids while I ran into Walmart & he sat in theirs with the dog. When I came out he had the hood up and a belt was broken. I loaded them up and brought them home with us and hubby came to the rescue. Home from work and to the WM parking lot to replace a belt. Thank goodness one of his buddies showed up to help or it might have been a long night. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful father for my kids & husband.
Sister was thrilled to be at tennis camp at 8:30 this morning. We all were ;) Next week its swimming lessons!

He was mad because he wanted Speck off the wakeboard so he could swim. It stinks to be the little brother!


Getting better (& braver) with each outing.



Last week we did a big "no-no" around our house...went swimming on a game day. A friend called and asked if we wanted to go to the water park so mom kept sis and I took the boys.
(but they both won so maybe we should keep it up)



I even went down the slides with them! They were so excited I got in the water & just don't understand why I won't do it at the lake. I did sit on the back board and put my feet in this weekend, but I would just be a hazard if I went any further!

& a great big THANK YOU to SW for my wonderful new pics!!!

And I need opinions please. I was accepted to 2 different nursing programs to finish my MSN.
Program A: must have 1,000 clinical work hours within last 12 months. This means I would have to go back to work 3 nights a week when school starts and work at least until Christmas then start the program in January. But if I quit after 4 months that doesn't look too good on a resume so I should really stay.
Program B: no clinical work hours required. But, I have started this process before & have 44 hours toward the degree. This program won't accept any of them so I lose the time & $ I have already put in to it. And it would add about 1 1/2 years by the time I re-did it.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am at a total loss.

2 comments:

  1. You probably don't want to hear any more of my opinions about school :) But, I'll tell ya from experience, that working nights and trying to have any kind of life is almost impossible. I could NEVER get used to my sleep being so messed up. I know you've done it before too, but I think it gets harder as we get older:)

    If it were me, I would choose the way that would keep me as available as possible for my family. That way you don't have to feel guilty for "neglecting" them. That will make it much easier to follow through to the end!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You've been "right on" so far.

    ReplyDelete