Saturday, January 8, 2011

Surley not

Really? again? The old saying about how the new year begins is how it will be throughout...lets hope not, but so far I'm wondering. The boys were outside this afternoon playing and I hear the back door open. Speck comes in making very loud noises, not crying, more like hyperventilating. I saw what I thought was a scratch on his hand so we headed to the bathroom to clean it up and get a bandaid. Hmmm...it needed a bandaid alright, along with a few stitches! Apparently the dogs were fighting/wrestling and when he reached down to separate them Buddah grabbed his hand. It laid it open. I'm not really sure what I was looking at, but there really wasn't any blood, and I didn't want to inspect too far as soon as I realized I couldn't fix it, so I woke Sis up while the boys jumped in the car and off we went to the Urgent Care Clinic. Sure enough, he needed a few stitches, but because it was an animal bite and the risk of infection is high, the Dr. said he wasn't comfortable suturing it together. Instead they cleaned it out and glued some steristrips on top of it and bandaged him up. He got a prescripton for some antibiotics and instructions for pain. While we were sitting there he says "Wow mom, you have A LOT of gray hair". Gee, I wonder why?! Think there is a limit on how many times insurance can be billed in one week? ;)

1 comment: