Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sugarbowl

We met up with some of hubby's fraternity brothers in New Orleans for the Sugarbowl. Two of them are from there so we had a guided tour and got off the "beaten path" just a little. We ate at a place called Jacque' Mo's. It was good, but a little scary. I'm not much on trying new food. Especially alligator cheesecake. But they swore it was delicious. I'll just have to take their word for it!
We stayed out WAY too late and missed breakfast with his sister the next morning so we had to meet for lunch instead.

Game day! There were people everywhere. It was crazy.






The game was fun even though it didn't turn out like we hoped. We ran into lots of people we knew but hadn't seen in a long time.




After the game we went down to Bourboun Street. It was even more crazy. I can't imagine Mardi Gras.












One thing I didn't mind tasting was the dessert. Who can resist chocolate?!







We ate at a cafe called Desire. He was laughing at me because everyone said the food was so good, & I was picking at it. He ordered oysters & I did taste one. There is a reason I don't try new things Yuck!








No comments:

Post a Comment