Thursday, August 19, 2010

Around here

I have a very, very, very upset 9 year old. He doesn't just dislike his new school...he sobbed and begged for quite a long time tonight. "I will do anything if you won't send me back. PLEASE! PLEASE! I miss my friends" It is breaking my heart. He said, "You don't even have to send me to WW, you could homeschool me. Just don't make me go back". Not exactly what you want to hear when they have 177 more days to go. Of course Little man had to voice his opinion but we'll get back to him in a minute :) I know he has to learn that life isn't always fair, you don't always get what you want and on and on but being the mother of a hysterical child takes on a whole new meaning when those life lessons are on the table. I would almost move him. Except I know it will get better (I hope it will anyway) and I couldn't have hand picked any better teachers, for either of the boys. And I have to admit I am afraid if I moved them I might not get so lucky. So torn as to what to do. I might not be as worried about him but we moved a lot when I was growing up. I remember the physical pain of being unhappy in a school. It felt like life was over. Like I was being tortured. And I can't stand that for him. I have 3 huge canker sores in my mouth from stress this week.
Back to Little man, I already started his K journal. Imagine that. We went to open house Wed and on top of being very impatient when he wanted Mrs. B's attention, the first thing he says is "I know my ABC's." so he says them A-Z but leaves out P. When she asks him where it was he says "running down my leg". Nice. When we left she patted my shoulder and said "bless your heart" with a sweet but almost scared smile. I was thinking, no bless yours, you're about to have him 7 hours a day!

2 comments:

  1. My heart hurts so deeply for both of you! I am sitting here crying! This split has been beyond horrible.....I am so, so sorry. The boys {ALL of the boys} would be ecstatic to have them at WW - and, I totally understand the teacher thing as well. Not sure I'll be sleeping much tonight, so I will be praying for both of you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The split just stinks! I will pray for him. I understand how he feels I moved several times when I was little too and it is NO fun to feel like you have no friends. I would put in a transfer request because I can't stand to see my kids hurting. So hard!

    ReplyDelete