I found this today and then it was suggested by a sweet friend. That said to me it was meant to be and it was just what I needed to read. I am very fortunate to be 37 and still have all 4 of my grandparents. I haven't ever experienced a great loss of anyone close to me. Wed afternoon I was at work when mom called to tell me the time was coming quickly & we needed to get to my Papa's as soon as we could. I left work early and headed over there. He was sleeping but would wake up if you touched his hand or talked to him. I sat beside him and held his hand for several hours. Hubby brought the kiddos and he woke up to love on them for a bit. It didn't last long & he was asleep again, but enough that he knew they were there & they got to talk to him. Some sweet friends let the kids spend the night so I could stay with him. After about midnight he didn't say anything else. He rested well most of the night but when morning came he was uncomfortable. His WONDERFUL hospice staff told us what to do to keep him calm and comfortable. My grandma, mom and I were there when he peacefully passed away. I was not nearly as prepared as I told myself I was. Since I had dealt with things like this countless times and he had been sick for so long and felt so bad for the last few days, I thought I was ready. I was WRONG. My mind knows hes in a better place. Hes not suffering anymore. But I didn't know the kind of physical hurt I would have. There was lots of laughter through tears while we looked through all the photo albums. The boys are ok, one better than the other. Sis is struggling and asking lots of 4 year old questions. I hate it for them. My grandma is actually dealing better than any of us, I think. My dad, however, is not. Its going to be a long road but it will be ok.
No comments:
Post a Comment