Thursday, August 23, 2012

what I'm supposed to be doing vs. what I am doing

hmmm...kids are ALL at school. I am supposed to be doing homework and taking quizzes. but I am catching up on blogging, so I better make it quick! The first day of second grade was "great"! he made 8 new friends and loved it. The next day wasn't quite as good because they had to do math :) but the third was back to being good.
The first day of sixth grade wasn't too good. The next was better and the third even better than that. He is so happy to be back with all of his buddies. I think he wishes they could have all their classes together instead of a few here and there.
The first day of preschool was pretty good. Teary eyed but no crying. Today however was a different story. Alligator tears while the teacher pulled her off me. I know she is fine but it still tugs at a momma's heart.
My first day was extremely overwhelming. I wondered what in the world I was thinking. We have a homework assignment and quiz due every day. So far so good...when hubby came home and asked if I had a shower & what I had done all day he didn't get a very nice response! My thoughts are that as long as the kids are fed and have clean clothes to wear, all is good.  If anyone else around here has a different idea, they will have to take care of it! Mean, cranky mom ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment