Friday, September 13, 2013

1 down 3 to go

Well, as of 3:00 today everyone (including me) will have made it through the first month of school. Whew! and WOW, a month, already??? Sis is doing really well this year, only a few tears and now shes a big girl.  She has gotten the best listener award 3 times. Although I hear she is still the "helper" (boss) on most days. Thats ok by her daddy, he says it just means shes a strong leader. They have a date tonight. She says she is taking him to dinner and for dessert, a.k.a. Olive Garden & Cherry Berry :)

Little man is loving school.  He adores his teacher and of course getting to play with his friends every day.  He is still getting up and ready without any trouble.  We are having to remind him the importance of thinking before he speaks.  He has a kind of "brick wall" personality that isn't exactly compassionate & he doesn't understand that everyone isn't like that. We're working on it but overall he's made great strides so far this year.  His first football game was a little surprising.  He was kind of timid of the other team & didn't really want to tackle. Its strange because in practice he takes them out. Maybe tomorrow will be different. He's having fun though, and thats all that matters.

My big guy...he isn't loving school.  In fact we've had the counselor involved and we (I) do LOTS of talking.  He doesn't say much.  He's so unhappy. I hate it for him. His grades are good but other things are changing.  This too shall pass, but it breaks a momma's heart watching it.   He did make the basketball team so that is his bright spot. He says its why he gets up to go to school

Knock on wood, I'm a little scared to admit it, but this semester for me hasn't been near as bad as I thought it would be. I actually have days that I get, dare I say it...bored...when sis is at school.  Don't get me wrong, there is always laundry to be done and something to clean but nothing pressing that HAS to be done right then.  We are enjoying lots of evening walks/bike rides and time at the park.  The boys are busy on opposite nights so it gives us a little more one on two time ;)

Its been almost 2 months since my Papa passed away  &  I think I am surprised at how much more I miss him now.  Its almost like its getting harder the longer it is.  I go to the cemetary often & just sit in my car.  I don't want to get out & go "there" but I need to see where he is.  Sis still asks lots of questions and makes lots of 4 year old comments so we get to smile about it almost everyday. 

Life is busy but good. We are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment