The things that really matter. Really make memories. It's the little things. I read a FB post from a new grandma about always rocking your babies because the laundry
and dishes will always be there and the babies won't. That is so true. I'm guilty of the rush - rush attitude all the time. And it stinks. I have to remind myself all the time to slow down. Sometimes it works & sometimes I think "there is always tomorrow". Unfortunately not always. My moms dad was recently diagnosed with lung cancer just by chance. He also has bladder cancer that has eaten through the wall. Yesterday the MRI results showed brain cancer too. They have been told there is no cure & treatment will most likely make his quality of very poor. The prognosis is 2-4 months. It's been a whirlwind of shock & disbelief. Other than being tired, He hasn't been sick. I have never seen him cry. When we left to come home last week he literally fell into my grandmothers arms sobbing. They have been married 60 years. 2 kids. 6 grandkids & 13 great-grandkids. He says he's not scared. He's worried. About my grandma being alone and about all of us and what our memories of him are. He is worried he wasn't a good enough husband, dad, grandpa & great grandpa. That makes me sad. The thought of him not being here makes me sad but the thought of him worrying about us makes me more sad. So today I'm taking his lead & following his example because I have been reminded all too well that we are not promised tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment