I don't particularly care for spiders. But they don't make me run. I don't like snakes, but I can deal with one (outside) if need be. The one creature that really makes my skin crawl is a scorpion. Not sure why. They are not aggressive, maybe it's just the overall appearance. I don't know. My biggest "creepy dream" or fear is that I would have one in my bed. Well, apparently last night I had one right in there with me! Sis came in our room around 2 wanting to snuggle. Most nights I let her in bed with us but last night we headed for her room. She really didn't want to go back to sleep and it got to the point that I was going back to my room if she didn't lay down quickly. She managed to snuggle up and be still for a few minutes. Then she sat up and started crying that her arm was burning. I felt of it and there was nothing unusual. I really figured she just didn't want to go to bed. So I rubbed & kissed it & finally got her to calm down, still not overly concerned. Well, I should have been! Poor Baby!! At 6:20 I sat straight up in bed because my left eye was on FIRE! I had no idea what was going on. When I rolled over to turn off the alarm something crawled across my arm. When I brushed it off the scorpion fell on the bed and crawled under the mattress. I jumped out of bed & grabbed her & headed for my room. Did I mention that I HATE scorpions??? The boys got up and helped me take her bed apart. All of it. We searched her room with flashlights. No luck. Nothing. That creepy little thing is still wandering around my house. I have felt like there is something crawling on me all day! The burning went away but it took about 3 hours. I guess it was on my pillow and I rolled over. Just great. There will be NO sleep in this house tonight!!
No comments:
Post a Comment