Tuesday, June 12, 2012

what we have been up to...

Good grief! Where do I start? Well, I have lots of pics to share but not much time at the moment so they will have to wait. I'm not sure why I thought things would slow down after the kids were out of school but I was very mistaken! I have a lunch date and a sleep over for the kids on the calendar in 2 weeks. How crazy! But a fun kind of crazy (most days anyway)

My grandpa is home now, but he was in the hospital. He had a broken vertebrae that was cemented together. He isn't feeling very good and can't go to any of the boys baseball games.  Its been 14 months since he was diagnosed with lung cancer. He's NEVER been one to "fit the mold" when it comes to medical statistics. And I'm praying he doesn't this time either.

They have showed the house a lot lately. At the moment there is someone who is "very interested" but we have heard that before. Still a waiting game. We do have a plan now though, and I am super excited about that!!

My brother was here from San Francisco last week. He spent the weeked at the lake with the kiddos and flew out for Dublin Ireland on Sunday. I'm not sure who cried the hardest. They just adore him. But he loves to travel, and it gives us great vacation opportunities. We are supposed to go over there the first 2 weeks in June next summer.

Evem though the kiddos have been out of school for a little while this is the first week we have gotten to do fun activities. Between baseball and tennis camps we have been running like MAD. So far this week they have gotten to ice skate, even sis gave it a try, swim at the water park, and today they are going bowling. They have 2 swim "parties" this week and sleepovers planned.

I have been off work for 4 weeks :) I'm scheduled to work next Tue so that kind of throws a kink in 2 days next week but we are planning on the movies and a local state park adventure. My inlaws will be here next Thursday and are taking the kiddos home with them for the weekend so hubby and I will have 3 days all to ourselves. My mom is keeping them this Sat so we can go to a "social gathering", as Matt calls it.  Its a couples baby shower for some of our college friends who have been trying for 10+ years to have a baby and are finally getting a baby girl in a few weeks. There will be lots of his fraternity brothers there, kind of a college reunion of sorts.

My mom and I are taking the kids on a beach vacation the second week in July. We will be gone 8 days. I'm pretty sure I will have to turn my phone off. Hubby doesn't do well when he is here alone for very long. He gets bored really quick so he calls me ALL THE TIME. Maybe I should find a hobby where I am gone 6 months out of the year so he can see my side of his hunting addiction?!

I got a phone call Sat about the Dr that did Speck's ear surgery. Apparently he is in trouble for some ethical issues related to several of his procedures. I haven't been able to get all the details since the investigation is still on going. But I was told not to go back to see him. We have an appointment at a well known hospital out of state next month since the hole is BIGGER than ever now, and he is going to have to have a 3rd graft. I am sick to think this could have been over a long time ago if we had seen a different doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment