this little guy got student of the month!!!!
and so did this guy!!!

Little Miss Sunshine had a birthday party at Goody's Yogurt. She got some Hello Kitty earrings that are just beautiful! and a bathing suit she thinks she needs to wear all the time, regardless of where we are going.
I hurt my shoulder back in September and just now went to the doctor to see whats wrong. He's not sure if I just have a "loose joint" or if there is a rotator cuff injury. He gave me a cortisone shot and I go back in 6 weeks for an MRI. And I got 2 more weeks off work. Not too bad a deal I guess :)
We showed the house Thurs. They liked it but of course have to sell theirs first. There is another couple that has been looking since last summer and they tell us how interested they are and want us to agree to a verbal offer but won't put anything in writing. There is someone else wanting to come look at it, and they sound the most promising so far, but we will have to wait and see how it all goes I guess.
Hubby is in Nuevo Casa Grande, Mexico for the next 10 days. Hunting couse deer. Didn't even know there was such a thing. But I did find out you can hunt them in New Mexico and Arizona. Why he felt it necessary to use his passport...who knows. To make it even more interesting, the area they are driving to is less than desireable.
I spent most of the week in doctor offices. Monday was at ACH getting all of the packing removed from Specks ear. Its healing well but he still isn't hearing good. The doctor is hopeful that some will return. We go back in 3 months for a follow up and hearing test.
Tuesday I had to take my grandpa to radiation and to see the oncologist. I think Wed was my only day not in a dr office! Thurs was for my shoulder and Friday was sisters well child check up. She had to have her Hep A shot. I don't do that. After almost 11 years being a mom and 3 kids, I have never, ever held one for a shot or signed for it. Hubby always does it. Luckily my pediatrician is wonderful and even though I had to sign for it, he held her for me.
Chemo and radiation is really taking its toll on my grandpa. He's not sure he wants to continue. He has lost 14 pounds in 2 weeks. The tumor is so close to his esophagus that the radiation is making it hard for him to swallow. I am taking care of his PICC line, flushing and site care. Its so much harder when its a family member. I struggle with my "nurse brain" and my heart. I KNOW whats going on and whats going to keep happening and they want my opinion but I can't tell them. My grandmother is struggling too. But hers is all mental. Physically she is pretty good. She has a complete personality change. The sweet, kind, loving, patient person is gone. She argues, gets mad, irrational, and forgets everything. I made her an appointment with the neurologist next week. We haven't told her yet. It won't be good.
Obviously I'm sad about all of it. And as prepared as I think I'm getting myself, I'm pretty sure I won't handle it like I hope. I am 35 and still have all 4 of my grandparents. I have never experienced a big personal loss. I've taken care of patients that have. I've talked to lots of people that have. I've listened to friends who have. I held my husband's hand when he did. But its never been me.
Obviously I'm sad about all of it. And as prepared as I think I'm getting myself, I'm pretty sure I won't handle it like I hope. I am 35 and still have all 4 of my grandparents. I have never experienced a big personal loss. I've taken care of patients that have. I've talked to lots of people that have. I've listened to friends who have. I held my husband's hand when he did. But its never been me.

No comments:
Post a Comment