These are all out of order and there are a TON more but just to hit the highlights...we took the boys to NYC for a week right before school started.
we saw the city from the top of the Empire state Building.
Looked at the Statue of Liberty from the port
hung out in the subway...a lot
laughed at them trying to load their metro cards
saw Belvedere Castle in Central Park and went to the zoo
went to a Yankee game. They played the Angels in a 3 game series while we were there. I think could have gone to every one! It was the favorite for all of us. The new stadium is so neat.
went out to eat at a very nice restaurant. I called first to make sure kids could even eat there and check on a dress code. She said they didn't have a kids menu but they were welcome & there was no dress code. We walked in and there were no other kids in the entire restaurant and everyone was in suits/ties & dresses/heels. No doubt where we were from in our "nice shorts" & flip flops :)
we went to Coney Island. I'm sure it was nice at some point in time. But none of us thought it was worth it now.
we saw Times Square
and visited every major toy store you could find. TRU (3 stories with a ferris wheel) FAO, Build a Bear, & LEGO. And I think China town should count too!
A stroll through Central Park. It was beautiful!
The Museum of Natural History. It has the largest complete dino exhibit in the US. It was really impressive. We also took the train to Hoboken, NJ & go goodies at Carlos Bake shop. Shopped in SoHo (really , I just looked) & sat in Rockefeller Center and watched the sunset. It was lots of fun but I think I need a vacation from the vacation! There is nothing relaxing about NYC, especially with 2 boys.



Love all the pics! Glad you had an awesome time!!
ReplyDelete