Monday, January 21, 2013

holding pattern

My monday morning plans of sleeping in didn't quite go as expected. My phone rang at 6:30 am. Never a good thing when you aren't expecting it. My grandpa was on his way to the ER. That was a little over 9 hours ago and he is still in the ER. They are admitting him for pneumonia but there aren't any rooms so he's just hanging out. When they did the x rays & the dr. came in to talk to them he said his lung cancer is now stage 4 & has spread to his stomach. He isn't in any pain but his heart rate is really high and his pulse ox is staying about as low as they will "let" it without intervention. I can't go up there with all the kiddos this time of year so I'm having to hang out & wait too. I feel guilty for not visiting with him more often. We had plans to go out there today.
We have been waiting to put a hole in the gorund for a few weeks now but because of all the new paperwork that is required its taking a little longer than we were told. So, we are just hanging out & waiting. In the mean time I have started back to school for the spring semester. I have 2 classes but one of them is only until March 3. Can you say ExCiTeD??!! I won't know what to do if I only have to keep up with one set of assignments :) It does however require clinical hours so that will be an adjustment, and it is in an area that I'm not so crazy about, but still, only a little bit compared to what I've been doing. Kiddos are all good, tired of being confined, but good. Little man takes 2 steps forward and 1 step back but overall going in the right direction. Sis is 4 going on 14! Speck got his braces today. We go Thurs for a consult with the ear surgeon to schedule #3. And he has to go see the oral surgeon about getting his wisdom teeth out.

No comments:

Post a Comment