
She got into a drawer and unwound an entire roll of calculator tape. I was awake but apparently not quite awake enough! Last night I worked on the oncology floor. Scary does not even begin to describe it. Have I ever mentioned that I have NEVER EVER worked on the floor?! The 10 years that I have been a nurse have all been in L&D or NICU, (besides the short adventure at the high school) The last time I took care of someone with a central line, TPN, or required q 2' pain meds was in nursing school! The staff was very friendly but assumed that since I wasn't a new grad that I knew what I was doing! Boy were they in for a surprise :) Really, it was all fine. I had a good preceptor, and after I made it clear I wasn't comfortable being on my own, she didn't go far. I didn't love it, but I knew I wouldn't. I also didn't hate it, which was a big plus. And everyone survived the night (hubby & kids included) even better! Now the countdown til Christmas...wow!

No comments:
Post a Comment